Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Directions and Paperwork
Workshop Created Wikis
Music for Podcasting
Podsafe Audio: Music for the Revolution
1. Search "by music genre."
2. Click the Play arrow to open or save.
3. Save the song to your working folder.
4. Drag and drop the song into your Audacity project.
Much of the music available on Podsafe Audio could be used as transitions in your Podcast. You must be aware, however, than any artist can add songs and albums to Podsafe Audio. Be sure to oversee students if and when they choose to use Podsafe Audio.
Working with CDs and iTunes
1. Insert a CD.
2. Wait until a menu pops up. Open the songs/CD in iTunes.
3. With the album open in iTunes drag the song/songs you are interested in into your "Library." (Upper left corner.) The song will then transfer from the CD into your iTunes library.
4. Click on "Library."
5. Place your mouse over the song title and right click.
6. Select copy.
7. Open your working folder. Right click inside the folder.
8. Select paste.
9. Drag and drop the song into your Audacity project.
Working with Music Already in iTunes
1. Open up your iTunes Library.
2. Place your mouse over the song title and right click.
3. Select copy.
4. Open your working folder. Right click inside the folder.
5. Select paste.
6. Drag and drop the song into your Audacity project.
Be sure to cite any songs you use for your podcast.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"